iPad 2 is amid us, most of us have bought it and some of us Apple fanboys are still lurking around to get our hands on one of Apple’s most hyped gadget. After you buy the iPad 2, what will you do with your current beloved iPad? Well, there are many options of re-using your old iPad, than just sending it down the dustbin of history. So down here we have listed a few ways to repurpose your old iPad to make sure that your original iPad still gets put to good use somewhere.
1) Use as a 24×7 Live Streaming Viewer: If you are a buff who loves watching live streams on the web the turn the iPad into a dedicated gadget to live stream your favorite stuff. To convert your old iPad into a live stream viewer, all you have to do is use Netflix and Hulu plus in it.
2) Use as a Message Viewer: The iPad can be used for creating notes and messages, so you can avoid placing the stickies on your door and desktop, thus freeing yourself from all the paper mess. The iPad will need a Notepad, a voice memory and a sketch book application to be converted into a Family Message Center.
3) Use as a digital photo frame: Hulu Plus and Netflix have already got people to be using the iPad for media consumption, but we’ve overlooked the iPad’s ability to be used as a digital photo frame. Now that you have a new dedicated iPad 2 for your tablet related needs, you can now make the iPad a digital photo frame.
4) Use as an E-reader: Make your old iPad a reading device and read any book with apps like Amazon’s Kindle or Apple’s iBooks or any other e-Reader application, while you use the iPad 2 for all the web surfing needs and video conferencing.
5) Use as a recipe gadget: Everyone is afraid to take his or her iPad to the kitchen as something could fall on it or the iPad could break if it falls. If you have bought the new iPad 2, you can use the older iPad as a recipe tool. Since you have the new iPad in hand, you can take the old one to the kitchen without fear.
6) Use the iPad as a portable drive: Just because you have bought an iPad 2, you should not throw the iPad away. Your older iPad will still have a lot of free memory which you can use. The iPad can thus become an extra portable hard drive for you storage needs.
7) Use at University: Students can use iPads instead of the high-cost MacBooks in universities and schools. Thus if your child doesn’t have an iPad already and you are buying a new one, then you could pass over the old one to your child, who’ll not only benefit from the iPad ease of us, but would also be a happening dude in his class.
8) Use to play games: The old iPad can be used for your rugged gaming needs plus the iPad could be used in various arcade makes like the iCade, for retro gaming fun.
9) Use as a paint book: If you’ve brought home the new iPad 2 then you could pass the old iPad to your kids who can use the Crayola ColorStudio HD coloring app from Griffin, which comes with a library of coloring pages to allow your child to design his/her own animated pages, which can be printed out for coloring with regular Crayolos.
10) Sell the iPad: In case you haven’t liked any of the abovementioned reuse idea for the iPad, then the easiest thing to do would be to sell of the iPad. This money recovered from the sale could be used to buy the new iPad. Cool idea!