Lenovo has introduced its first Ultrabook notebook IdeaPad U300s with insanely fast boot time, Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5 and i7 processors and many more. Lenovo IdeaPad U300s will raise taut challenge to the recently unleashed Ultrabook like ASUSTeK’s ZenBook UX31, Acer Aspire S3, Apple MacBook Air and all others. Of course, the Ultrabook market is growing wildly with a set of blazingly performing notebooks. Let us dig for more details about the Lenovo’s first Ultrabook in the article:
What is it?
The Lenovo IdeaPad Ultrabook is with many dazzling features and components. The device is running on Intel 2nd generation Intel Core i7 (1.8G, up to 2.9G, L3 4MB) CoreTM i5-2457M (1.6G, turbo to 2.1G, L3 3MB) processors. Intel Turbo Boost Technology, Lenovo RapidDrive SSD Technology for fast booting and Lenovo RapidCharge Technology for fast battery charging are the key capabilities of the Ultrabook.
1. Large HD display: The IdeaPad Ultrabook rocks a 13.3-inch High Definition widescreen. The display has resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels for incredible clarity of the visuals. Of course, the machine raises tough challenge to all its Windows Ultrabook rivals and Apple MacBook Airs.
2. Slimmer and portable: The Lenovo Ultrabook is one of the thinnest notebooks now. With 14.9 mm thickness, the machine is a wonder for analysts. Adding more into the perfection, the notebook is made of one-piece aluminum shell.
3. Long battery life: The Lenovo Ultrabook offers 8 hours battery life and up to 30 days on standby on a single recharge. Lenovo RapidCharge technology helps the device charge 50 percent in just 30 minutes.
4. Fast booting: The IdeaPad Ultrabook requires just 10.5 seconds for booting with the much-acclaimed Lenovo RapidDrive SSD technology. Thanks to Intel Advanced Cooling Technology, the heat management is greatly done on the device.
5. Wireless streaming: In help of Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), you can watch videos, images and other contents of the IdeaPad ultrabook on large TV displays.
Lenovo IdeaPad U300s Ultrabook is with many innovative features. The major one is its fast booting capability. Thanks to Lenovo RapidDrive SSD technology, the notebook boots in just 10.5 seconds. The next major thing is that you can charge the battery 50 percent by plugging in it for just half an hour! Intel Wireless Display for wireless streaming, HDMI port, Intel Sandy Bridge processors, 4GB RAM and many other things make IdeaPad U300s a brilliant Ultrabook.
Price and availability
Lenovo ships IdeaPad U300s in two models. The low-end Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD model is priced at $1,195. The high-end Core i7, 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD model is up with a price of $1,595.
Lenovo IdeaPad U300s comes with the customary accessories like AC charger and user manuals. However, the company recommends Lenovo Headset P180 and Lenovo Portable DVD Burner DB60 for the notebook.
The up side
Lenovo IdeaPad U300s is with many advanced features. We have a large HD display, better battery charging management system, high performing Intel Sandy Bridge processors, advanced RAM and a lightweight unibody aluminum body and much more. The notebook will take on many leading Ultrabooks that are already in stores. ASUS, Acer, Sony, Dell and Apple have already launched Ultrabooks.
The down side
Being crafted of a single price aluminum shell, the Lenovo Ultrabook could have a bit more cute design. The device is not having a great look though it has many sophisticated components under the hood.
The Ultrabook market is expanding explosively. Now we have several high performing Ultrabook in stores; for example Asus ZenBook UX31, Acer S3, Apple MacBook Air and many others. Lenovo is just entering into the market with a goal to gain ground with many of its advanced technologies for fast booting, battery charging and wireless charging. The company has designed IdeaPad U300s quite cunningly with many customer-craving features. Many advanced features are on the device and it comes for a moderate price as well.